Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2016

Sminiker Outdoor Waterproof Motorcycle Cover


I want to make sure that my husband and my motorcycles were covered in our garage for the winter months. I had previously bought a motorcycle cover sometime ago and wanted to find one for my husbands motorcycle. We both have sport bikes and so we definitely like to take care of them as best we can.  Sport bikes are smaller than cruisers and so the XXL size of this cover would do a nice job of covering all parts.

When received, I was very disappointed in the quality of this particular item from looking at the pictures on the seller's listing.  It appears to be a nice weight of fabric from the pictures and thicker. But when received, that was not the case.  From a manufacturing perspective as I looked over the product (see video), the material was not soft at all and crinkled constantly. The material was not thick and very, very thin with seams easily tearing apart when pulled.  As I looked over the sewing around the edges, although there were two rows of stitching, the spacing of the stitches was very far apart which tends to result in the fabric coming apart/tearing. The elastic used felt strong, but the two straps on the edges that buckle together underneath the bike to keep the cover on, broke from the fabric with barely any pulling.  I feel that the low quality stitching with low quality material, caused this major defect in functionality.

I would not recommend this product as I feel the quality was just not up to what it should have been and what I am used to getting from Amazon.
I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

To buy on Amazon: https://amzn.com/B01EJBZ3FC