Replacement cables can be so expensive at your local Target or Walmart. I find that it was much easier and cheaper to do an Amazon search and look for an extra cord and charger for my Samsung Galaxy S5. I found this one which claims to be an adaptive fast charger and so I wanted to try it out.
I did find some differences between my original charging cable/plug to this one I ordered. What was most noticeable is that the end piece which goes into your phone does not have the two piece charging port like the original. It is just a standard insertable piece that is seen on most Micro USB chargers. Therefore, I can only assume that the fast charging must come from the actual Block that goes into the wall plug. There are some differences in Amps which I talk about in my video.
It appears to work well, despite its difference in look and when used with the wall plug, it did charge quickly. I could find no major manufacturing defects or pieces of plastic sticking out anywhere on the product. Mostly, I got this as an extra cable for my car and it's been working just fine. However, I have come to realize that it is definitely the wall plug that makes the difference in how fast it charges.
Overall I am very happy with this particular purchase and have found it to work well so far.
To buy on Amazon: https://amzn.com/B01C3AMOW6