I decided to pick up another small light hammock for when my family and I go camping. Since I have two kids, each one must have their own so things are fair. One of the best things that I loved about this hammock was the fact that you can stuff it right back in the bag which does not detach from the hammock itself. The more things that I don't have to find at the end of the camping trip to pack up the better!
In looking over the hammock sewing it appeared that it was relatively well made and the stitching would be strong along the edges. The carabiners where very sturdy and although this doesn't come with classic tree straps, they did include some rope that can be used. The only item that I had an issue with was when I put stress on the seam between the colors, it did give a little bit and tear somewhat although this was pressure applied to one specific area, and I don't think it would have torn significantly for someone just laying in. The nylon is very thin and can be a bit hot if you are laying in it somewhere sunny, but it's very lightweight and in that respect it will work well for me with a child's weight inside.
My two kids and I set it up easily but I decided to use some tree straps instead of the rope that was included.All three of us climbed in and it could support our combined weight which was around 350 pounds. The kids were totally excited that each of them have one now. Overall I think it's a very nicely made entry-level hammock, however you must be careful as the nylon is relatively thin and could get punctured or torn very easily on a sharp branch, etc.
http://amzn.com/B01D12RHUY