Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Ripstop Ultralight Parachute Nylon Hammock


I really do like this very, very light nylon hammock for back trail backpacking or for camping. It is extremely light, Much more than I would have thought just looking at. The size of the bag is small and can easily be stored in a small place.

As I looked over the manufacturing of the product on each end where the carabiners attach was very good and strong. I did a stress test on those areas and they held up well. I could find no major flaws or defects in the carabiners or the ropes used at each end. As for the tree straps, those were perfect. The rings are welded together and the carabiners are nice and strong. Add to the fact that it can fit in the same storage is a total plus!

The only thing that I wish have been better was the stitching between the colors on the hammock. You can see in my video, I gave a stress test here and could hear/see some slight tearing. Granted, I did put stress on only one piece versus if someone was laying all the way stretched out it. I think that if something sharp got too close to this nylon or accidentally got caught on a branch, it could potentially tear.

When we set it up to try it out on the trees, straps held up extremely well with my son, daughter, and I in it. (Collectively we would weigh about 350 pounds.) I do like the product very much and find that it will be a big bonus for the next camping trip!

To buy on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B015Q1T16Q