I think this is a great and fun little lamp to use in my gym fitness classes. I am an instructor so I'm always looking for small good lighting toys to use in group settings. Plus, I have to admit that my kids actually love using these around the house as well!
In looking over the manufacturing and quality of this particular product, it's not made out of the thickest or best plastic around. But if I had to rate it, I would say the plastic is fair to good. Although, there is no way to change the patterns, it can still put out a lot of light. When I tried it out in my class, I used it in one corner that had a plug and let that that corner of the room light up. It did a good job and with some decent use already it has not cracked or broken. Then again, I tend to take pretty good care of all my lighting accessories. The plug in mechanism that comes with this product is a little more cheaply made (at least in my opinion). There are seams and pieces of plastic from the molding that are sticking out somewhat and I was actually very surprised that the plug did not have the usual large metal piece on one side that we're used to in the US however this did not affect the functionality at all as it still works just fine.
Overall I think this is a great little product if you're looking for something to have for a kids party or for a DJ booth or like me, for a fitness class. Now that I can see what it can do, I know that I can just take a lamp that I can point upwards and put the bulb in there for future classes.
I received this product at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
To buy on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B01EZQQAVW