Update 5/12/16: The seller was gracious enough to send me a replacement claw due to my defective first order. As such I find that now the claw works relatively well however it is still a little difficult for the metal hooks to come out of the tube quickly. I find that if I push slowly with a little more effort than normal, they will slide out better. The metal claw pieces can get bent easy as they are a bit thin but that is just something I feel I can deal with if I am careful. I did a test on the shower drain to see if I could get any hair out and it worked well up until I hit the J joint. I could not push it any further than just to the end of the straight pipe. That said, I was able to get some gunk out of the straight pipe and I felt that this was good. I believe that this particular claw is good for small jobs but nothing too major or it may break.
Original Review: I really wanted this to get hair out of the shower drain which is a consistent problem at my house with 2 girls with long hair. However, much to my dismay, this product was defective right out of the packaging. The seller was contacted to ask whether a replacement or refund would be granted but did not reply therefore I am giving the product 1 star since I received this product in exchange for an honest review.
It's hard to describe on this piece where the defect lay however the best way to describe it is that the piece you pull up in order for the claw to come out the bottom completely separated from the tubing after just one try. Needless to say the claw does not come out at all when these two pieces are pulled apart. It is a poorly manufactured product that needs more design work. In addition, the plastic was not well manufactured and had pieces sticking out that were not cleanly cut.
To buy on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B01D3H8JH2