Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Nicrew LED Clip-On Light for Aquariums


I decided to set up a new aquarium in my office as it really helps when I work to be able over and see my betta and neons swimming around. I love to recycle old things and so I took my son's old aquarium tank to use, but unfortunately the hood had cracked and I had to throw it away. So I thought to myself, why don't I get one of those new aquarium LED clip lights?

First let me tell you about the product itself. As I looked over the light, arm, the plastic pieces, and the plug, I could find no major manufacturing defects at all. The lamp was light in the hand the flexibility was extremely good. The amount of light the LED put out was fantastic. It had the nice blue lights for nighttime, or I can use the full white lights during the day. This is a great little screw on lamp (it's not truly a clip), but sadly, it didn't fit the rim of my aquarium. I really do like the product and will need to figure out how I can attach it as the plastic rim around my aquarium was too thick for the screw clamp area to go over. (You can see my video to understand what I'm talking about.) Essentially, the space between the screw tightening side and the main part it screws into or against is only 1 cm wide and my plastic area around my aquarium is 1 & 3/4 cm. No matter what I tried to do I couldn't get it to fit. I will need to think up some other way to make it work as I did receive this as a review product and would hate to send it back. But for everyone reading this, just know that my issue didn't affect the functionality of the product at all. Hopefully it will fit yours!

To buy on Amazon: http://amzn.com/B01CNE45VK